Pacific Rail News Magazine
May 1977 Issue
Union Pacific ordered 121 sets of a new device called a “fuel saver.”
The longest and one of the most scenic remaining wooden bridges was completely destroyed by a fire!
An overview of the Southern Pacific during Wartime - read the full story in the magazine.
The Olomana has been delivered to the Smithsonian’s Museum of History and Technology.
The Santa Fe ordered 124 new locomotives for delivery in the last quarter of 1977.
Management on the Missouri Pacific has decided to add another $11 million to the capital spending program for 1977.
The Muni’s BiCentennial streetcar 1776 was repainted and returned to its regular number 1170.
The Southern Pacific will be accepting the first of 3 new Electro-Motive GP40X locomotives this November.